US Bankruptcy Court for the Eastern District of California Pro Hac Vice

Court Description

Attorneys from out of state who wish to litigate cases in US Bankruptcy Court for the Eastern District of California must associate with local counsel. We provide required forms and answers to common questions about admission, always at no charge.

The rules for pro hac vice admission in the state, federal, and bankruptcy courts differ. For more information about the federal or bankruptcy district in which you need admission, use the following links:

Is there a Fee?

Yes. Pro hac vice applicants must be sponsored by local counsel. Local counsel can provide valuable insight into matters of local practice that can assist you in representing your client. Choose from available local counsel by choosing Local Counsel on this page.

What Documents Do I Need?

Pay the fee in person or by mail to the District Court clerk. Include an original Certificate of Good Standing with the fee. Complete and sign the Application and include a copy of the Certificate of Good Standing from the state in which the applicant primarily practices. Local counsel should submit the application electronically and separately file a proposed Order. Pro hac vice applicants can register for electronic filing privileges.

How do I Apply?

You will need an Application for Admission Pro Hac Vice and Proposed Order.Download free sample forms by choosing Forms on this page.

Is Local Counsel Required?

Yes. The fee to practice pro hac vice in the Bankruptcy Court for the Eastern District of California is $200. The fee should be made payable to the District Court Clerk and the receipt number should be included in the Application for Admission.