US District Court for the Western District of Texas Pro Hac Vice

Court Description

Attorneys from out of state who wish to litigate cases in US District Court for the Western District of Texas must associate with local counsel. We provide required forms and answers to common questions about admission, always at no charge.

The rules for pro hac vice admission in the state, federal, and bankruptcy courts differ. For more information about the federal or bankruptcy district in which you need admission, use the following links:

Is there a Fee?

Yes. Local counsel is a condition of pro hac vice practice in the Southern District of Texas. Local counsel can also provide valuable insights into matters of local practice that can assist you in the representation of your client. Find available local counsel by choosing the Local Counsel tab on this page.

What Documents Do I Need?

Local counsel should electronically file the Motion into the case in which admission is sought. Once admission is granted, the applicant should pay the fee and register to become a filer in the case.

How do I Apply?

Admission will require a Motion and Order. Download free sample forms using the Forms tab on this page.

Is Local Counsel Required?

The fee for pro hac vice practice in the Western District of Texas is $100.